SEE YOUR STUDIES IN 3D wITH THE SUBCUTANEOUS TUMOUR TRACKING SYSTEM
BioVolume® is the world’s first 3D imaging solution that has been developed in partnership with a world leading pharmaceutical company and wider industry for visualising and measuring subcutaneous tumour growth in pre-clinical oncology research. It was conceived to enable faster, smarter and more confident decisions to be made in the identification and development of new cancer therapeutics.
Our ground-breaking platform rapidly and accurately captures and reconstructs 3D tumour surface changes, enabling the analysis of texture, colour, shape and volume. Combining the latest technologies to disrupt the industry’s approach to pre-clinical oncology research, BioVolume improves the traceability, accuracy and reproducibility of data while ensuring greater animal welfare in adherence with the 3Rs (Refinement, Reduction and Replacement).
Derived length, width, height and volume from proprietary reconstruction and and segmentation processing:
IRREGULAR TUMOURS CAN BE MEASURED EFFECTIVELY
0-2 can be detected automatically. 3 onwards can be manually mapped within the software.
IMPROVES ANIMAL WELFARE AND CONTRIBUTES TO THE 3RS FOR ONCOLOGY IN-VIVO RESEARCH
• More precise and accurate measurements mean fewer animals are needed to reach statistical significance/scientific endpoint
• BioVolume measures tumours faster than manual calliper readings resulting in a reduction in animal handling
• Tracking tumour volume condition allows efficient and objective measures for animal welfare
• Morphology independence means irregular tumour models will not compromise the studies
• Consistent measurements independent of the operator allows more flexible shifts and less pressure on staff
COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER LEADING SYSTEMS
BioVolume is a hardware and software scanning and measurement system. Data is output in standard formats for use with industry analysis and statistical packages. Fuel3D has partnered with Somark and Studylog to help make pre-clinical research more efficient.