BIOVOLUME PRODUCT UPDATE – A DATA POWERED EVOLUTION
With BioVolume® now in use in labs across Europe and the USA, the time invested in the creation of a system with Machine Learning at its heart is really starting to pay dividends. The flow of data is constantly helping the system understand and interpret, and more accurately deliver tumour segmentation, length, width and Volume. By mid 2019 we are estimating that the system will have captured and logged over 10 million scans.
The feedback we have gathered from the scientific community is also driving the development pipeline. Ensuring that we not only deliver the most accurate way to derive subcutaneous tumour volume growth, but deliver an optimised workflow, experience and repeatable capture and data output method.
So, what’s next in the evolution of BioVolume®
In the upcoming Q2 release the focus is very much on optimising the system’s workflow and will include:
- A reduction in scan processing time of over 25%
- Simplified and enhanced UI with the ability to log user name and email – further enhancing the traceability of the data capture
- Automatic cloud data upload – removing the need for time consuming manual upload.
Following this release we will be aiming to bring quarterly releases that enhance the experience.
Future roadmap highlights include:
- Integration of a capture foot pedal allowing for easier scruff, scan and review
- Completely revised browser based UI and cloud architecture bringing additional user and management views, cloud based data management and processing and fully automatic segmentation.
We are excited to be partnering so closely in the development of a product that really does drive the science forward and that has the potential to evolve and develop as its adoption continues.
BioVolume® Global Head of Commercialisation